May. 1st, 2011

I really love close male friendship in fiction. I do. And I'm a purist in some ways-- I think real love doesn't need anything to thrive but devotion itself. And yet, when the friendship gets close enough, sometimes I'm unhappy. 'Why can't they just be in love?' a part of me whines. 'He's already acting 70% there. Why keep the other 30% back?' I think this is the feeling that makes most slashers... slash. But this is the feeling that simply makes me unhappy and confused. I always tell myself that being a slasher is one of my favorite things to self-identify as, but ultimately, I'm an odd sort of slasher, if I am one at all.

blah-shoujo-manga-blah. )

Profile

floorpigeon: (Default)
the one who stumbled

January 2015

S M T W T F S
    123
45678910
11121314151617
181920 21222324
25262728293031

Page Summary

Style Credit

Expand Cut Tags

No cut tags
Page generated Sep. 24th, 2017 03:02 am
Powered by Dreamwidth Studios